Monday, January 24, 2011

Vista vs Chatham vs Patterson!


Cherry on the left, stealing my shades and yours truly on the right

For those of you confused about which complex to choose.. I hope I can help out!
It really depends on you. I am currently living at Chatham, 1 bedroom (Cherry and I) I was kind of deciding on Chatham or Patterson because I wanted to live in the newer complex. I finally made my choice of Chatham because of total laziness, Chatham has a bus stop and Patterson people have to walk to Chatham to get a bus.......... HOWEVER it's not far at all!! Unlike Vista. Chatham, The Commons, and Patterson are all pretty close together. So the other day I went to visit the 2 year old Patterson and I was sooooooo in LOVE. It's realllllllly a beauty, the pool, the surrounding areas, It was like a resort.. there was more light than Chatham and actually people hanging around the pool area and the water was cleannnnnn like really cleannnnnnn. So now I am regretting.. for a dollar more I would have picked Patterson! Might I also add that I actually felt the Air conditioner at Patterson.. The AC and heat in my room is kind of weird and is old..so yea.. not the mention the smell of the carpets. You can definitely see the newness of Patterson but Chatham is also NICE I guess but it's only a dollar for Patterson!!!
Let me explain alittle bit about each
Vista Way was the first built complex for the Disney College Program. It is also where you will be checking in. Most of the main events take place at Vista! If you like to party, Vista is the way for you! They call it Vista Lay... DDONT ASK ME WHY!!! I just hearddd( am innocent, no idea what that means) Vista is old tho, the rooms look worn out and with all the party going on I'm not sure the apartments can look very good. They have a party every night, the POOL IS always active, even in the freezing cold weathers around January. Vista is also the cheapest of all three complex, however you can not choose a 1 bedroom. The rent is around 80- 90$ per week deducted from your paycheck! ( poor check= no more money after taxes)
Chatham Square is second cheapest of them all. It's known for being second active with parties.. However, I feel like Chatham is more quiet than Patterson. Chatham is cool tho because most people live here and all the cool people are here (like myself!) Anyway, the rent is ranged from 85- 95, 95 being the 1 and 2 bedroom. I do not like the smell of my carpets!! The pool is nice but... it's so far to the end of the area, making it look kind of spooky and abandoned.
The Commons are for international students who stay here for a year and work at epcot! You can not choose this but there rent is the most expensive out of all of the rest. I have yet to see the apartments, the pool and the gym looks nice tho
Patterson Court is truly a beauty, feels like some resort, the trees and grass there even look extra nice! Remember they are only 1 dollar more than Chatham, ranging from the price of 86- 96$ 96 being the 1 bed and 2 bedroom. I felt more safe with the areas of Patterson, the lighting is more bright and it feels like a friendly environment.......

hmmmmmm That's all my thoughts now.. will try to add more if possible.




2 comments:

Gab said...

The place you are living at looks nice and clean, i like it!
Whaa! im curious about Vista (lay) Way, get me there please? ♥.

Leaf said...

Yes yes hun you are always the curious one xD