Monday, January 17, 2011

Disney College Program Day 1 of Arrival! Check in Process!















On January 17th of 2011 of the day of check ins at Orlando Florida!
Oh lucky me how it was raining so much on the first day of my adventures with getting to know and learn more about the Disney College Program... I dont know if they changed things around because of the weather, however the process that I have read that would take place did not really happen the way I had read/ heard about. I'm going to update you and hope that this would help people along their journey. I decided to arrive around the time of 7:00 AM, knowing that my goal was the be one of the first persons there to be done with, also because I had planned for my 1 bedroom that would be quite rare, or so i've heard... Anyway, I got there around 6:50, mann was i surprised the first ones there. There was already a group of 3 there and we had begun to discuss stuff and learn about each other. Closer to the approaching time of 8:00 was when people started to show up and we had begun to form a line, being one of the 4th person online, I knew i was definitely getting the room I had desired, which was Chatham! Almost PERFECT I TOLD MYSELF!! When they told us to start walking down to the tent that was set up for us and that people with luggages had to leave them with another tent.. It's a good thing to think about our luggages Disney but the people who were waiting from 6ish had lost their place in line, the people without luggages were allowed to start right away. (just a heads up maybe it would turn out like this for some of you as well)

After getting your names written down, we were handed out booklets and forming a line again to wait for people to bring us to groups in a circle table and explain some interesting facts i wont spoil for you
After that we were sent to pick out our desired rooms(YUSH I STILL DID IT) and take our Housing IDs that came out horrible if you already have a big head like mee. FINALLY THEY TAPE THE KEYS INSIDE YOUR IMPORTANT BOOK THAT THEY CALL THE BIBLE!!!
Now.. Right after that's done with, they send you off to the bus as they wait for the bus to board more people! You're OFF TO CASTING where you're going to go through all the paper work, on boarding papers, w4, where you'll be working as and fingerprinting.. background checks... etc!!

After a long circle of meeting all the friendly people and smiling all day to them, you finally get a snack to eat and then you return to your bus back to your luggages!!

Here they have buses that helps you with your luggages to your housing! YAy we get to see our ROOM!! finally 8207 was my room. 8 is the building number, and 2 is the floor so look for your building number before your floor number and then everything else should be a breeze!

Besides all that luggage that killed my names i was finally able to drop it off at my room that had a scent of funny smell when i had opened the door but after a while i was able to go to open the window and let some air in.

IT"S NOT OVER YET!!
in 2:45 you have another meeting at the commons about rules and regulations for the building about security and many more of that things that can get you kicked off disney properties.
Anyway, EVEN tho I was dead tired, i ended up going to walmart and grabbing some food and needed supples! i really need to meet a friend down here with a car cuz i thought that was the end of my luggages but i ended up with more grogery so now my hand is sore and tomorrow it will be in pain T__T


I ended my day with this blog that i am half a wake writing, I ate but i still feel hungry!
Good nighty guys! and have a MAGICAL DAY!!!!

No comments: